If you want to know how well your website is performing then you should consider going for an SEO Audit. The people who are experts in SEO know the significance of performing audits regularly. It could be considered a difficult task for people who have just a basic understanding of SEO.
You know when you spend time and money working on your site to get it where you want it, but you’re still not seeing the traffic that you want?
Or when you’re always left wondering why your competitors have higher rankings than you do even though they have lower authority and poor UX?
The answer to your troubles is an SEO website audit. SEO audits can boost your site’s search engine rankings to attract more revenue, leads, and visitors.
Not sure where to start? Check out this definitive guide to running an SEO website audit to find out.
But first, we need to go over what an SEO audit is, exactly.
You can think of an SEO Audit as an evaluation of a website that grades the site for its ability to appear in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Audits are completed by checking each step on your audit list and finding any issues that need to be repaired or improved to boost your page’s search engine performance.
Think of it as a report card for your site’s “Googleability.” Your site might be wonderful, well-designed, and clean.
But if search engines can’t read your website, the pages you put hard work into may not ever see the light of day.
You can easily find your SEO score with an SEO checker.
But that’s not going to give you the insight that a full SEO audit can provide.
A full audit gives you an actionable plan that helps to:
You may not be able to improve every finding on your SEO audit all at once, but you can work on several factors over a period of time.
Here are the factors you should focus on during your SEO audit.
Before you can make any changes, you need a strategy that will work. There’s truly no limit to the things that you can improve with an SEO audit.
You can analyze keywords, improve technical aspects of your site, and more.
However, when people decide to run an SEO audit, they usually only care about one thing: improving rankings. Everybody wants to be number one.
SEO audit usually inspects the health of your website. It blocks spam and it helps you in the optimization of your website. Performing an SEO audit is really important for your website. Some of the most essential areas that the SEO audit will cover are listed below:
1. Usage of keywords: An SEO audit will help you realize whether your keyword usage is correct or not, whether it is placed well, and whether it is bringing in the right amount of traffic.
2. LSI: LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing. LSI usually refers to the context and the intention behind a particular search. As the AI or other technologies are progressing, it is quite possible now to know the meaning and intent of a search.
3. It helps you in keeping up with the competition:It is pretty obvious that all of your competitors will be using SEO audits to increase their rankings and their keyword placement. So in order to keep up with them, you need to perform SEO audit regularly as well. There is a lot of competition out there in the digital world and you need to leave no stone unturned to be successful.
4. It checks your content:SEO audit checks the content of your website as well. You need to make sure that the content you use on your website is unique. You should not add too many keywords because if you do, your website will be identified as spam. That will result in your website losing rankings in the search engine results.
5. It removes bugs: An SEO audit understands problematic code and it removes bugs as well. SEO audit can also look for all the factors that could be causing your website to appear in the lower results of the search engine. If you need help with doing all of this, you can always hire a web developer.
6. Organic Search Rankings: Your budget will be limited if you are spending on paid ads. Your website’s performance in the organic search rankings can be checked by SEO audit as well. If you’re doing well in organic searches, you will not have to spend a lot of sponsored ads. You can always work on your strategies to improve your performance in the organic search rankings.
7. It analyzes your page speed: SEO audit checks and analyzes your page speed as well. Page loading time is really important for your website. If the speed of your page is fast, then it will improve the user experience. If it’s slow, then the users will most likely leave your website and not visit again.
You can always use Google’s PageSpeed Insights to check the speed of your website. Another tool to check your website’s speed is YSlow. Once you find out which areas of your website have a slow speed, you can optimize it very well for the SEO. It’s definitely a well-planned effort if you manage to inspect your website regularly for its loading speed, page views, and bounce rate. If there are any major issues in the Metadata, in the titles or in the content, they will pop up during the inspection. If you find an issue that you cannot fix yourself, you can always find a professional and pay them to do the job for you.
For further Details Contact Us Today: